Monday, October 10, 2011

We Run SG 10K

Nike - We Run SG 10K Race Report


I dragged myself out of bed as my alarm rang at 5.30am. Had a bad flu for the past 2 days prior to the run. My nose was dripping badly and was sneezeing from morning till i sleep. So I had problem resting.

Took a quick shower, made breakfast (Peanut Butter and Wholemeal Bread), watch a little cartoon to boost my morale (South Park)

Was supposed to pick Lattifah at 6.15am but managed to pick her up 6.30am. (Note to self: LATE!)

Picked Shah up at 6.50 (Note to self: VERY LATE!)

Time to meet Wille, Doreen and Soo Hai: 6.45am (DIE!)

When we reached Kallang @ 7.15am, we were late but still able to make it for Wave 2 which starts at 7.30am.

Lucky for us, we managed to find a carpark quickly. Phew! lucky lucky.

As we were late, we quickly proceeded to the race pit. To make things more panicky the Start Point was not at the Stage area. We had to make a detour (almost 600m away) just to get into the Starting Line. The path was narrow, muddy, and jammed packed with humans but it's fine, the company counts.

We proceeded to the gantry and off we went to begin our run.

Wille said we look like Backstreet Boys here

Look I'm flying

We ran together and took photos for the first 2km and we are on our own after which. We went to the toilet at Suntec (erm...Cleaner?? Doubt So :s) HAHA!

For me, I find this run very fustrating. I have to constantly asked to be excused to overtake. I had to zig zag just to move ahead. Participants should really read the booklet carefully. Walking should be on the left side of the road and not the middle and right. Not that I am picky about the problem but the constant reminder of telling people gets really fustrating and Zig Zag running tires you out quickly. Oh well, I'm not trying to break my PB for 10km here so doesn't matter.

The only part that I liked was a tunnel near Nicole Highway. The organiser placed a DJ there and blasted music. From far, I could hear the echo of the music and I find it very cool. I ran that route for at least 3 times and only Nike managed to pull this off. Great job!

Group Photo

We Run SG Bus

"Hope NEW BALANCE REAL RUN will be better on 16 Oct 11"

Overall Review
  • Considering the number of people participating, it's well organised. We are talking about 22,000 participants
  • Ample Voluneteers
  • Will I join this next year.... Mmm, No Idea.
Tips
  • Always proceed further into water point area. People like to go to the nearest point. The further ones usually have cups that are filled with water
Time: 1hr 7mins (Time taken from RunKeeper Pro)

No comments: