Sunday, October 2, 2011

Shimano SH-R077 Shoe Test Trial

Ok! I have converted in using a Bike Shoe. I purchased the Shimano SH-R077.
 
Only today, I took the shoe out for a spin. After purchasing the shoe, i was quite hesitiant to ride as I was worried that I was unable to Clip and Unclip the cleets. That has always been constantly on my mind. What happens if i am unable to upclip at the junction? What happens if I am unable to unclip to stop? I kept on pondering. Mmm...

Having so much fear and feeling uneasy, I practiced at home. I learnt the basics by clipping and unclipping. Well, home being a confined space, it was pretty much difficult to practice. But well, I practice probably for 30mins. Learning to clip and unclip. Actually it was quite easy. Haha...

This video helped me loads :-)

Feeling confident, I went to the carpark to do a little testing. Well, to ride the bike you would need to first clip one side of your leg to the pedal and start pedalling in order to clip the other side. As my right leg is my master leg, I clipped and started moving. I had problem locating the pedal and was not able to clip my left leg onto the pedal. Was a shaky ride... But after a while of practice it was pretty smooth.

On Saturday night, feeling ambitious, I went out for a spin........ @ West Coast Park. Hahaha... As I was not confident, I went to somewhere more safe and has lesser people. Pretty much to aviod vehicles and "paisehness" haha... well it was quite smooth, managing to clip and unclip the shoe. Went for a 20km ride and during the session i tried different scenarios. Like "e-brakes", stopping and dismounting from bike.


Today, I went for a longer scenario. I was a little bit more confident and went to the road. I rode from West Coast Highway, Penjuru, Tuas and to 2nd Causeway Link. Training the night before really helped me today like stopping on time at traffic light. Clipping and Unclipping was much much more smoother compared to the day before. From West Coast Highway to 2nd Causeway, i had to climb at least 4 slopes. The shoe made the climb really much more easier.


Overall, I think it was a ok try. Previously, I used my running shoe to pedal so when i changed to the bike shoes I felt funny. I felt I was not as fast (felt heavier) as before but maybe it's a pshycological problem haha.. In fact, I managed to cut of 1min on the first 2 trials.

Well did some comparison and managed to cut at least 1 min so that's not too bad.

33km



20km





No comments: