Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Race Day - 2XU Compression Run

Breakfast: Gel + Bread + Water


Woke up 445am got ready and off I went to Marina Square.


We (Shah & Willie) reach Marina Square around 530am. Did our warm up and the race begins.


I started on the second wave with a 10min gun time ahead of me.


The first 2km was quite a struggle for me. Probably I am not fully warmed up or I was just tired. However, by the 3km I was able to get into my running zone. I could quickly catch up with the time loss.


The run was a cool and drizzly one. Maybe I'm the jinx. Why? For all other race that shah and Willie went, there's no rain but when I decided to join them it rains. Coincidence? You decide.


On the 8km or so (cannot really remember), we reached Helix Bridge at MBS it was horrible beautiful. Horrible that I need to climb up the steps (which was not a lot la) and the bridge was actually quite beautiful. Anyway, once I reached the steps I was a little demoralised by the number runners walking up the stairs. For me, I just ran up the stairs thanks goodness! Phew!


Should you drink or not drink at every water point?


Personally, yes I drink. It's simple you are running and perspiring means you are actually losing water in your body.


So DRINK! I won't hurt your timing or momentum. If it's your first time racing, please drink.


At 10km, I could see the end point and was very eager to complete the race.


I speed up my pace by taking smaller steps and moving very quickly. I caught up with many other runners. At around the last 400m, I pushed myself even harder by taking very wide steps and sprinting to the finishing line. Wow the adrenaline was a great boost.


I ended the race in 1hr 11min. Not a fantastic timing but I did break my own personal best. What's more to ask for... The fastest? 35min.


Overall, the race was a good one. I enjoyed every single bit of the experience. Not everyday is Christmas, so don't expect too much on every race. However, this race was definitely a moral booster for me and determines why I should do more. I think I'm hooked... Haha


Next Race
Young NTUC Run350
Distance: 10km
Date:17/04/11
Best Timing:

No comments: