Thursday, May 17, 2012

MetaSprint Triathlon 2012

6 May 2012

This is my first Triathlon of the season and will also prepare me for my Olympic Distance for the Bintan Triathlon on 26 May 2012. After the opening of the Aquathlon and followed up by the Duathlon by Metasports's Sprint Series, the final leg of the race is the Sprint Triathlon.

We were lucky to have calm waters as compared to the Singapore Biathlon where the under current was strong. I started the first 200m  swim with freestyle. Kicking and hitting one an other is a common sight and after a few race i got used to it. The swim was pretty easy however I still lack navigation skills while doing the freestyle. I ended up using breast stroke to swim as it was easier to navigate and I was also strong and faster with this stroke. I quickly ended the last 100m with freestyle again. I realise I do get tired more easily in changing strokes... Lesson learnt.




After getting out of the water, I ran very quicky to T1. This is the first time I was very competitive. Upon changing into my bike shoe and taking my bike, I took my bike and ran as fast as I could to get out of T1. The T1 was the longest one that I been too. Changing and taking bike definately took only less than a min but overall the running out of T1 took me 2min.

Biking was a 2 loop flat distance on Changi Costal road. This was ok as I ocassionally will go to Changi Coastal to do my biking. But cycling under the hot sun was really challenging as I felt I got heavier due to the heat stress but after a while I get used to it and felt accustomised to the weather.



After cycling, I entered T2. Again, I ran as fast as I could to park my bicycle. Did a quick change and off I went to Run Out. There was quite a bit of confusion as runners and bikers were cutting across each other with the Bike Out, Bike In and Run Out. That made a few people mad! But for me, I was to concentrated to pay attention to this. The run was from Changi Beach carpark 7 to SFT Ferry terminal and end of Changi park and back.

Prior to the event we happen to see a U turn for the run  and assumed that that was the U turn for the 2.5km mark. APPARENTLY!, the one in-charge went to the toilet and let if there. When the event started, both me and shah was looking for the U turn mark BUT can't find it from early morning. Then we realise we assumed that it was there LOL... Marshellers directing us to go further... haha how silly both of us can be haha. But nevertheless, the run was a flat and shady one. =)





Results


Overall, I improved in my time by 2 mins plus

No comments: